Another day, another big game for Dontaie Allen. Last night, Allen eclipsed the 50-point mark for the fifth time this season and became Pendleton County’s all-time leading scorer in a win over St. Henry.
Allen’s 52 points moved his career total to 3,182, which broke Talbert Turner’s 34-year old record. Here’s the big moment:
Pendleton County 83, St.Henry 68
— Chad (@ChadBlue83) December 20, 2018
Allen also had 10 rebounds, meaning he’s had a double double in all eleven games this season. He leads the state in scoring (44.6 ppg) and rebounding (14.9 rpg) and is 19th on the state’s all-time scoring list.
“As far back as I can remember, I’ve been a UK fan,” Allen said when he signed with Kentucky last month. “The walls in my room are painted UK blue with pictures of Rupp Arena hanging with hopes and dreams of someday playing there. So many great players have come through the University of Kentucky. Being born and raised in this great state, this has been a dream of mine.
“Competing against elite level players reminds me of what my parents always told me: ‘Steel sharpens steel.’ I carry that with me. Having the opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame Coach in Coach Cal at an elite program like Kentucky in front of the best fans in the world, the Big Blue Nation, I’m just blessed and very thankful. Big Blue dreams do come true.”
Will Allen finish his high school career as Kentucky’s all-time leading scorer? He’s got a good chance. If you’d like to see him play, here’s Pendleton County’s schedule, which includes a game at Sayre in Lexington on January 4:
- Dec. 21: Bryan Station (Pendleton County High School)
- Dec. 22: Cooper (Pendleton County High School)
- Dec. 27-29: Ashland Invitational (Ashland Blazer High School)
- Jan. 4: at Sayre (Lexington)
- Jan. 7: Mason County (Pendleton County High School)
- Jan. 10: Calvary Christian (Pendleton County High School)
- Jan. 15: St. Patrick (Pendleton County High School)
- Jan. 19: Mason County (Pendleton County High School)
- Jan. 25: Harrison County (Pendleton County High School)
- Jan. 30: at Bishop Brossart (Alexandria)
- Feb. 1: at Bracken County (Brooksville)
- Feb. 6: Campbell County (Pendleton County High School)
- Feb. 8: at Montgomery County (Mt. Sterling)
- Feb. 11: at Bourbon County (Paris)
- Feb. 14: Paris (Pendleton County High School)