The XFL Draft is a week away. Expect to hear the names of a few former Wildcats called.
The new spring football league released the names of about 200 players that will be in the draft pool. Wide receiver Garrett “Juice” Johnson and friend of the program, Austin MacGinnis, were featured in the release. Frankly, it’s a shame MacGinnis wasn’t primarily featured in the graphic.
— XFL (@xfl2020) October 7, 2019
You’ll probably see a few more familiar names, like former UK QB Patrick Towles, as the league’s list of prospects grows to about 1,000.
first second XFL Draft will take place Tuesday, October 15 and Wednesday, October 16. The eight teams will be assigned a quarterback before they initiate the five-phased draft.
1. Skill Players (QB, RB, WR, TE)
2. Offensive Line (OT, OG, OC)
3. Defensive Front Seven (DL, LB)
4. Defensive Backfield (CB, NB, SS, FS)
5. Open Draft (all remaining players after positional drafts, in addition to P/K/LS)
It’s a bizarre way to fill the 71-roster spots per team. We’ll discuss MacGinnis’ draft party plans on tonight’s KSR Football Podcast.