There’s only 55 seconds of the first 2017 Kentucky football scrimmage available to the public. Â You can take a lot away from those 55 seconds.
â€” Kentucky Football (@UKFootball) August 12, 2017
- A.J. Rose fumbled it near the goal line. Â UK’s first drive was fantastic, until they got near the end zone. Â The coaches did not reveal the perp, but KY Wildcats TV did.
- TavinÂ Richardson (80) doesn’t give up on a catch. Â One of the best looking plays in the highlight is a tipped pass that he’s able to reel in after getting just a fingertip on it initially.
- Lynn Bowden’s first action. Â No. 1 made his money in the middle of the field.
- Kash Daniel and Jordan Jones are scary. Â I just don’t know which one is scarier.
- Josh Ali’s first touchdown. Â The true freshman (82) used his fellow receiver to create space after the catch and get into the end zone.
- C.J. Conrad scored on Darius West. Â The celebration looked fun.
- Kayaune Ross (19) can YAC. Â The tall outside wide receiver is your typical, “throw it up high” threat in the red zone. Â In the highlight reel, he showed he can run after catch, plowing through a few defenders on a screen pass.
The most important takeaway: it’s fun to see pads popping once again in the Bluegrass.