We’re almost halfway through the week and what better way to celebrate than a gorgeous picture? Shoutout to this Kentucky and KSR fan in Maui. Can we trade places, please?
1. The basketball team did the #DriveByDunkChallenge
– Kentucky Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) July 25, 2017
Way better than Duke’s if you ask me:
– Duke Basketball (@DukeMBB) July 25, 2017
I’m actually looking forward to hating Grayson Allen for another season.
2. We now know the kickoff times for the first three games of the season
Yesterday, we found out the kickoff times for the Eastern Kentucky and South Carolina games, both which will be televised on the SEC Network. It’ll be a high noon start for the home opener vs. EKU while the Cats will take on the Gamecocks under the lights at Williams-Brice Stadium. Add in the season opener vs. Southern Miss and here’s the schedule for the first three weeks of the season:
- September 2, 4:00 PM ET: at Southern Miss, CBS Sports Network
- September 9, 12:00 PM ET: vs. Eastern Kentucky, SEC Network
- September 16, 7:30 PM ET: at South Carolina, SEC Network
3. What’s your ideal kickoff time in September?
I posed this question on Twitter yesterday, and, not surprisingly, most of you picked a 7:30 p.m. kickoff as your ideal game time for the first month of the season:
What is the ideal kickoff time for a football game in September?
— Tyler Thompson (@MrsTylerKSR) July 25, 2017
Who are those sick people who would vote for noon? My fellow sportswriters/bloggers. We are a selfish bunch.
4. I’m a big fan of this new hype video
The folks at KyWildcatsTV gave us a gem with this compilation of pep talks from Rich Brooks, Danny Trevathan, Jacob Tamme, Stevie Johnson, Randall Cobb, Wesley Woodyard, and Mark Stoops:
– Kentucky Football (@UKFootball) July 25, 2017
5. Brandon Knight tore his ACL
Yesterday, we got the unfortunate news that Brandon Knight tore the ACL in his left knee and could miss the entire 2017-18 season. Knight’s had a rough go of it in the league thus far, so here’s hoping he has a speedy recovery.
6. Blue Smith sets a decision date
The four-star athlete with the perfect name will announce his decision on August 27 before his team’s nationally televised game on ESPN. Ten schools are on Blue’s list, but it’s really a battle between Kentucky and Ohio State. Thankfully, he’s considering visiting Kentucky one more time before his announcement, giving Vince Marrow the opportunity he needs to make one last pitch. Read more on Blue’s recruitment in Nick’s post from last night.
Come be our boy, Blue!
7. The Joe B. Hall mural is complete
The Joe B. Hall mural in downtown Cynthiana is now complete, and last night, Joe B. got a good look at himself at the unveiling. Congrats to Portuguese artist Sergio Odeith on a job very well done. The rolled up program is a nice touch.
8. Season Two of “Last Chance U” is great so far
Any show that begins a new season with a KSR cameo is bound to be great, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the new episodes of “Last Chance U” on Netflix. I was worried the show would buckle underneath its popularity in season two, but through four episodes, it’s just as riveting as it was in the first season.
9. Interested in sponsoring one of KSR’s UK Football photo galleries?
KSR’s 2017 UK Football Photo Gallery packages are now on sale. We have mini season, full season, and title sponsorship options. Don’t miss your chance to have your business featured alongside the work of our award-winning photographer, Dr. Michael Huang. Email email@example.com for more package info.
10. Today on KSR: Nick Mingione
Get ready to talk UK Baseball one hour from now.