The honors continue to roll in for Tyler Herro and PJ Washington. After racking up some conference awards this morning, Herro and Washington were named to the United States Basketball Writers Association All-District IV Team, which honors the best players in Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
Other members of the USBWA District IV Team include Jordan Bone (Tennesse), Garrison Mathews (Lipscomb), Ja Morant (Murray State), Jordan Nwora (Louisville), Admiral Schofield (Tennessee), Breein Tyree (Ole Miss), Quinndary Weatherspoon (Mississippi State), Grant Williams (Tennessee) and Dylan Windler (Belmont).
In total, 27 Wildcats have been named to the USBWA All-District IV Team since its inception in 2004, at least one each season.
Here’s a running tally of Tyler and PJ’s awards:
- SEC Newcomer of the Year (AP)
- All-SEC Second Team (Coaches)
- All-SEC Freshman Team
- USBWA District IV Team
- Three-time SEC Freshman of the Week
- Wayman Tisdale National Freshman of the Week (Dec. 31)
- All-SEC First Team (AP/Coaches)
- All-SEC Freshman Team (Coaches)
- Sporting News All-America Third Team
- USBWA All-District IV Team
- Karl Malone Award Finalist
- Wooden Award Finalist
- Naismith Citizen Trophy Semifinalist
- Two-time SEC Player of the Week
- Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week (Feb. 18)
Go Tyler. Go PJ. Go Cats.