From one blue blood to another, right? This afternoon, John Calipari took the Kentucky Basketball team to Churchill Downs to meet Triple Crown champion Justify, resulting in this fantastic photo:
Hoping a little bit of greatness rubs off on us today. Meeting the 2018 Triple Crown winner, Justify. pic.twitter.com/ovsauedg1N
— Kentucky Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) June 13, 2018
Some questions and observations, because I’ve got them:
- Where is Quade?
- Why does Brad look like he’s about to cry?
- So that’s what Zan Payne looks like.
- What is so interesting that PJ isn’t looking at the camera?
- Jemarl Baker and Immanuel Quickly showing off some edge with their ripped-knee pants
- EJ Montgomery looks taller than Nick Richards (not counting hair)
- Damnit, there’s that checkerboard jersey.
Some more photos, from @KentTaylorWAVE:
This is probably the only photo that exists in which Keldon Johnson looks scared of something.
In the background of this shot, you can see Zan Payne’s knee brace, which he’s wearing as he recovers from surgery:
And Nick Richards being a little bit of a tease with the carrot:
— CoachCal.com (@CoachCalDotCom) June 13, 2018
I’m happy the team got to meet Justify and all, but this does not bode well for breaking that connection between Kentucky Basketball and horse racing. Or maybe we’ll switch to stars to honor Justify’s silks?