Following the team’s third straight loss on Saturday night to Texas A&M, Kentucky is projected as a seven seed in the NCAA Tournament. Kentucky sits at 17-8 on the season and 6-6 in the SEC with six games remaining before the SEC Tournament begins in early March.
The current projected NCAA Bracket as of now after release of top seeds by NCAA pic.twitter.com/ghsAn9jIai
— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) February 11, 2018
Louisville is currently projected as an 11-seed and in the same region as Kentucky (as the selection committee loves to do). The top 16 teams and their seedings are as follows.
- Virginia — 1-seed, South Region
- Villanova — 1-seed, East Region
- Xavier — 1-seed, Midwest Region
- Purdue — 1-seed, West Region
- Auburn — 2-seed, Midwest Region
- Kansas — 2-seed, West Region
- Duke — 2-seed, East Region
- Cincinnati — 2-seed, South Region
- Clemson — 3-seed, Midwest Region
- Texas Tech — 3-seed, East Region
- Michigan State — 3-seed, South Region
- North Carolina — 3-seed, West Region
- Tennessee — 4-seed, South Region
- Ohio State — 4-seed, East Region
- Arizona — 4-seed, West Region
- Oklahoma — 4-seed, Midwest Region
Two other SEC teams, Tennessee and Auburn, are both projected to be among the top four seeds. Kentucky has yet to play Auburn this season but will do so on Wednesday at 9 p.m. on ESPN2.