< Back
Menu
Gregg Marshall’s wife was out of control and definitely not a KSR fan
by Drew Franklin on March 19, 2017 at 5:36 pm

FullSizeRender

We had some fun sitting next to the Wichita State section and it almost cost me my NCAA credential, which I intend to use next weekend in Memphis and then again in Phoenix.

It all happened when I shared a video of the craziest woman in the arena, who happened to be right next to me, and who happened to be the wife of Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall. It didn’t take long for the tweet to get to her and that’s when all hell broke loose.

Someone from the NCAA came and got my name and told me I could no longer tweet about her because “it made her upset.” I guess it didn’t make anyone else upset when she told Malik Monk to get in the weight room or told Isaiah Briscoe to buy some bigger shorts or told Calipari to “shut the f-ck up” or told Roger Ayers he is garbage or any of the other classy things she yelled between F-bombs.

The poor security guard made multiple attempts to calm her down before calling for help and then deciding “we have to be delicate because she is the coach’s wife.”

IMG_1747

But I’m the bad guy for drawing attention to her. I guess I deserved the “MOTHER F-CKER!” after the game.

I just hope she has a safe trip back to Wichita.

UPDATE TIME!

I’m in trouble again. This time they came over to me in the media room and demanded I delete the video.

It’s getting fun in here!

UPDATE 2

Matt and I met at the KSR headquarters in Indianapolis and decided to put it up again. So, here it is:

103 Replies to “Gregg Marshall’s wife was out of control and definitely not a KSR fan”

1. Kevin C says:

Tornado Alley trailer trash.

1. Big DAWG Loggin says:

She’s a fine example of CLAIROL penetrating the blood-brain barrier.

2. Kat4Life says:

Priceless……let our superiority grate on her another 3 years………

1. …and yes Drew…I’m sure you earned that Mofo after the game! Priceless.

1. Luether says:

I’ve seen more class in a roach…

3. I call this great journalism and freedom of the press!

1. Absolutely, she is in a public place…there is no privacy. If she acts like a b*tch, anyone is free to record it, not just the press.

4. me101 says:

She better get use to it. We win. Were’re Kentucky thats what we do.

1. nmichave says:

“You’re gonna hate me. Because we come to your town and beat your team…”.

5. Eazy says:

Wichita is full of women like her. One of the worst cities in America. I hope they have fun watching the rest of the tournament at home.

6. SanDiegoDave says:

Dogging on coaches’ wives is poor form. Leave them alone.

1. shelby says:

Not when they behave like trailer trash!

2. ukjaybrat says:

Way I hear it he just posted a video of her being lit. She got defensive and crossed the line. How is this Drew’s fault? Her crazy reactions turned his tweet into a story that should never have existed. All on her

3. roundball fool says:

That’s just plain stupid, Dave 🙂

4. 4everblue says:

Again Dave, stay in San Diego and find another team.

5. CATandMONKEY says:

Stfu Dave. She deserves no more respect than any other out of control fan. If Drew just decided to pick on her for her hair or lack of fashion sense, I might agree with you.
      Drew: JUSTIFIED.

6. 4everblue says:

Tha kind you don’t take home to motha….she’s a freak super freaky.

7. dballrb says:

I’ve never seen or heard of Cal’s wife dropping F bombs..

8. EdC says:

Dave you sound kind of like Ashley Judd.

9. Turby says:

I think what we’re dealing with in this post is an old fashioned case of sarcasm here boys. I’d go ahead and treat as such from here on out.

7. shelby says:

She sounds nice lol.
    I lived in wichita for 4 years, most of the people are nice, 85% are KU fans and pay no attention to WSU.

8. give her a break, she just has massive pent up sexual energy. just needs a good one night stand and she will calm down. maybe that uber can make a stop or two on the way to weecheetaw

9. roundball fool says:

After the garbage the coach and team spewed it figures the coach’s wife is just as bad. An adult? Sad.

10. nicky says:

Leave it to Franklin to get a ‘mo-fo’ out of a coach’s wife…wtg Drew!!

11. So does this mean Greg’s not on Mitch’s short list any more? :-p

12. sa_hunt says:

I love it Drew. Keep up the great work.

13. nicky says:

Any chance you captured that mf from her?

1. nicky says:

on video/audio that is..

14. darthblue says:

And she kisses Greg Marshall with those lips! Maybe Indiana wants the Marshalls since they are use to such cussing from Bobby Knight. Wonder if she can throw a chair?

15. UK Doogie says:

To be fair, the Roger Ayers comment was correct…

16. BluKudzu says:

And he wonders why he does not get offers from prestigious schools?

17. Catswin98 says:

Yeah, let’s stick to covering the ‘Cats and not trolling an opponents wife on Twitter, no matter how ‘lit’ she is. We’re above that petty nonsense.

1. SanDiegoDave says:

Sometimes, I wonder…

2. roundball fool says:

Lighten up Francis….and you too San Diego Francis. Drew is doing his job.
      Wichita State talked nonsense and they deserve to get called out for it.
      Sanctimony much 🙂

3. CATandMONKEY says:

“…in the most ridiculous manner possible.”

4. Rixter says:

We love new listeners / readers, welcome.
      By the way, this is what KSR does. Get on board, or hit the bricks.

18. winagain1 says:

I’d delete this whole post and enjoy the win and the great game we played. Just my 2 cents.. kill this whole deal… sorry she called you a name, but we got the win. That’s what matters.

1. Negative. Hypocritical, self-entitled pieces of trash who abuse their status need to be publicly shamed. This lady most likely acts like a complete arsehole and gets away with it on a daily basis. Then, if anyone gives her a taste of her own medicine, she runs to the nearest authority figure. She needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

19. Caleb Epley says:

Hahahaha. Drew is king.

20. UK Maine-iac says:

Ohh, this lady gonna give Greggie-poo an angry shocker when they get home. Flinch when you hear that glove snap,Greg.

21. INCALWETRUST says:

Glad to see you have “weaponized” KSR…”Living in her head rent free”…maybe you can get her on the show?

1. ukjaybrat says:

That would be radio gold!

22. sorry, but unless Trump re-tweets your tweet,
    I’m gonna have to file this under “fake news”.

1. roundball fool says:

Classic!

23. jaws2 says:

She acts just like the coach. He’s a d*ck and she obviously blows right along, I am sooooooo glad w ended their season by crashing the CBS party.

24. 4everblue says:

Drew can you post it on KSR?

25. 8generationsblue says:

She’s acting like a Democrat

1. keiths says:

yeah, because a dem talked about grabbing p*ssies, idiot

2. syrin23 says:

No, he’s right. Hillary said FAR worse and the media did the same thing, covering up for her for decades. Her response to being told “Good morning” by a Secret Service agent was “F’off”. Had Trump done that, it would have media media fodder all day every day for a year, and c’smokers like you would think that was the biggest issue in the world. Never mind the $10 trillion added debt, stealing $2 billion in relief funds from Haiti, selling uranium to Russia, etc. He used a cuss word a decade ago in private with a buddy! *gasp*

*hands the snowflake a tissue*

3. roundball fool says:

Oh please. Keep your lame a## partisan crap out of this. You’re just…sad 🙂 And double for you syrin…Trump won the damn thing. Now let’s see if Trump sells us all out 🙂 Sad.

4. pbs says:

No place for partisanship here, but since you brought it up, your comment is pretty funny. Gregg Marshall’s salary is funded by the Koch Brothers and his wife laughs about $10 million homes being insufficient and how private jets are the only way to travel. Let’s just say they’re not Democrats. Just read this: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/feature/25110905/marshalls-plan

5. catdaddyd says:

Read it again, she didn’t laugh at $10 million house being insufficient. Mike Montgomery ‘s wife said their house cost that and it was nothing special. Referring to house prices in California, which offered Marshall the job.

26. coachc90 says:

Freedom of the press shall not be abridged. Repost the video and piss on the NCAA!

27. She really said Briscoe needs bigger shorts? Bahaha

28. CPACAT says:

#Free Drew Franklin

29. jaws2 says:

I love the look of the gal on the right! I’ll show you, Priceless!!!

30. Don’t you dare delete that video Drew ! We’ve got to see it posted here ! I’m serious !

31. absorbine says:

a good shocker would straighten her out!

32. bluecrowe says:

Sorry Drew, but you should not have posted the video. It is a low class move to post a coach’s wife no matter what was happening.

1. CATandMONKEY says:

False. She is a public figure. She is NOT off-limits.

2. Rixter says:

If she doesnt want to be shown on KSR being drunk and obnoxious, I would suggest she refrain from being drunk and obnoxious in a public place

3. roundball fool says:

She mirrored her husband and his team. She should have kept her yap shut. Sadcrowe is more like it…..

4. ClutchCargo says:

Normally I would agree. But she was determined to draw attention to herself and then got pissed off when she got it. When you act like an idiot, you deserve to be embarrassed.

5. WeareBBN says:

Guarantee you will not find any video of Mrs. Cal saying those type words.

6. bluecrowe says:

After watching this story further unfold I have changed my mind entirely and apologize to Drew. I am sorry Drew. I am thrilled this got revealed and am glad KSR were the ones to expose it. Sorry Drew!

33. Its me says:

So this is why CBS never showed the Wichita coach’s wife on tv. Our Mrs. Cal had a very serious look on her in one shot. Representing our program with class. Thank you Mrs. Cal.

It might have been better if CBS exercised some of that camera restraint yesterday when they kept showing the poor boy upset over the Northeastern game.

34. KatDaddy11 says:

“I like my women just a little on the trashy side” #notmyNCAA

1. jaws2 says:

Oh hell yea!!! N

35. CATandMONKEY says:

Ellen doesn’t act like this.
    Donna Smith was on camera constantly. Pure class.

36. jaws2 says:

Just watched this video, what’s the BFD? She’s just cheering her team on.

1. roundball fool says:

Uh, the folks around her were complaining.

2. Han says:

Methinks the video is one of her calmer moments.

37. Thanks for putting it back up.
    You can tell Marshall is pu$$y whipped just looking at him.
    Can I say that, NCAA? If not, come stop me….bring help.

38. Lip Man 1 says:

Regarding Mrs. Marshall, I remember when I had my first beer. I acted like that as well. LOL. What a clown.

39. Oh how I pray that IU gets this duo for the new coach…….you can’t dream this stuff up!!!! We would have to start playing them again just so Drew could be at the presser each game….YES!

1. jaws2 says:

^^^^^^^^^^

This x 10000000

40. pbs says:

Mrs. Marshall also has some pretty high-falutin tastes for private jets and laughs about $10 million homes being insufficient.

41. scwhite9 says:

I love it. She is a public figure. If she had acted classy he just may have posted that as well. She should be ashamed and so should WS.

I have already shared this everywhere.

42. We won. She lost. End of story.

43. This is the number 1 headline on bleacher report right now

44. Moe15 says:

Hahahahaha … Kentucky fans are funny, and this site is AWESOME! I guess if you’re not big league enough to attract professional sports, you treat amateur sports like this. Ahahahaha… How do ya’ll act about high school ball? Lmfao

1. ritzter says:

This post makes absolutely no sense. Sober up, try again, and we’ll have a reasonable conversation.

2. roundball fool says:

And here you are, Moe15, commenting. Sad.

3. Well we have a pro team every year.

4. AGSlater says:

my boy 4everblue will get ya

5. 4everblue says:

AG I aint you boy! Although I bet you like ya boys….

6. 4everblue says:

AG I aint your boy! Although I bet you like ya boys….

45. ukbradstith says:

Ok am I missing something here? The video I see is just her cheering and not really much else. No bad language or aggression, or out of control behavior. I’m assuming there is another video that used to be there? Anybody got a link?

46. Harlan5 says:

I feel like if this was recorded by literally anyone else, the NCAA would have no issue with it being released since they have no power to stop it. This is just another example of them acting like bullies because they can. Sad.

47. BTownUKFan says:

Drew, ignore the naysayers. We expect our KSR news to be ‘in the most ridiculous manner possible”. CBS and ESPN try to put a nice sugary coating on their favorites and ignoring the fact that a lot of the coaches and their wives as azz-holes. Thanks Drew for bringing us the inside scoop.
    GO CATS !!

48. herm89 says:

That video doesnt make it seem like she was out of control. Just cheering for her team during march. If someone recorded me watching the game today it would have been 100000x worse.

49. CVL123 says:

Yeah, I don’t see the big deal about that video. The stories made it sound way worse. I almost fell asleep watching that clip. Nothing to see here.

50. ZachMorris12 says:

She stood on a freaking chair and cheered. You’re just taking a super creepy video Drew made and driving a clickbait non-issue down people’s throats. I’m sure that everyone commenting otherwise would like to see a Youtube video of themselves shouting at a game posted online.

1. ZachMorris12 says:

Also, haven’t been down here in a while, does Matt still scrub the comment section of anything that doesn’t follow the “rah-rah KSR rules” mantra? Or does he let BTI do that now?

51. Mike and Mike had your back this morning.

52. notFromhere says:

Best hope is to claim Drew didn’t know his “writer” credential didn’t cover photos or video, even though that is disclosed as part of the process of applying for credentials with the NCAA and member institutions. If it was a video or photo shot by a ticket-holder, they might not have done anything.

She shouldn’t behave the way she did, but I will be surprised if anyone else in the writers’ group is allowed to snap another picture or quick video in this tournament, or any going forward.

53. notFromhere says:

Best thing about this is that maybe she’ll get some help, now. Seems she has been this way for many years going back to at least her husband’s time as coach at Winthrop

54. SummerK says:

Keep it classy and take down this misogynistic comment thread. Some of these comments sound trashier than her language. Let’s focus on Lonzo Ball now, or is it too much fun picking on a woman?

55. “My NCAA credential…. which I intend to use in Memphis and Phoenix” – have fun using it in Phoenix after you clowns get bounced out in the regional

Comments are closed.