You may remember Ken Caldwell as the other guy (along with Brandon Bender) at the center of the swirl of NCAA-compliance controversy at Central Florida. You may also remember that Caldwell is an ex-con with some not-so-pleasant convictions on his record, and that Bender has a level of credibility significantly lower even than Bill Lamb’s. One thing Caldwell also has is a penchant for talking, and this time he’s choosing to point the finger at a certain commuter school just down I-64. Or, down the street from my house, but you know what I mean.
The Big Lead picked up on Caldwell’s twitter account, in which he had some thoughts on the connection of Louisville assistant Clint Hurtt to the Miami scandal, and why Louisville should be worried.
He’s not saying. He’s just saying. Caldwell has since spent a lot of twitter-time discussing the Cards, telling Rick Pitino and Charlie Strong that they should start sweating, that UofL players are being investigated, and that he apparently is omniscient:
Caldwell has also said that “Crooks at UofL will be exposed…on national TV,” and has basically asserted that Louisville is doing some pretty big-time bending of the rules, which he plans to expose to the world. I somehow doubt that’s going to happen, as Brandon Bender’s tell-all on Rick Pitino was decidedly underwhelming, but that’s what he said.
Now, these are the words of a man who has, to say the least, a less than stellar reputation and also seems to have an obsession with Louisville, so what he says should be taken with the biggest grain of salt available. But, given what we know about what Clint Hurtt oversaw at Miami, it probably wouldn’t surprise too many people if UofL’s hands had gotten dirty since he’s been in town. That’s not to say that it happened, but it wouldn’t be a shock if it did. If you want to read through Caldwell’s timeline of UofL tweets, which are too numerous to get all the way through here, he’s @KenCaldwell2003. Even if 90% of what he says is a complete lie and the other 10% is more in the realm of general B.S., it’ll sure be fun to watch Card fans squirm until it all settles, and that’s most definitely worth it.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.395 seconds