Thank you, San Diego State
With Selection Sunday only three days away, we be bubble watchin’. Let’s look at last night’s games to see what helped and hurt the Cats:
GOOD FOR KENTUCKY
- Boise State lost to San Diego State in the opening round of the Mountain West tournament late last night. This puts Boise State’s Tournament chances back into question. The Broncos’ best wins are over Colorado State, UNLV, San Diego State, and a road victory at Creighton. They are 8-8 against the top 100, and have two sub-100 losses. Thank you, Aztecs.
- Norfolk State lost to Bethune-Cookman in the MEAC Quarterfinals last night, which means they’re likely NIT bound.
- Stanford lost to Arizona State in overtime in the Pac-12 Tournament last night, ending their Tournament hopes.
BAD FOR KENTUCKY
- Villanova beat St. John’s in their first game in the Big East Tournament, which further solidifies their Tournament resume. Villanova has an impressive list of big wins, including victories over Syracuse, Louisville, Marquette, Georgetown and Connecticut on the road. Why were they on the bubble to begin with? Twelve losses, including a stinker against Columbia.
- Cincinnati’s win over Providence should give the Bearcats fans some relief heading into Sunday. They take on Georgetown in the Big East quarterfinals. A loss won’t hurt them, and a win would only boost their seeding.
Now, let’s look at today’s games and who you should root for to give the Cats some more elbow room on the bubble:
WHO TO ROOT FOR
Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
Cheer for: Oklahoma
12:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2
Iowa State is favored by 2, and a win would all but ensure they are in the Big Dance. Go Sooners.
Baylor vs. Oklahoma State
Cheer for: Oklahoma State
9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN3
Oklahoma State is favored by 2.5. Go Travis Ford.
Mississippi State vs. Tennessee
3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN3/Local networks
Cheer for: Mississippi State
This is a long-shot, but the Vols have been rolling and continue to linger around the Tournament bubble. We should all be Bulldog fans today at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Most importantly, Go Cats.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.328 seconds