The celebration is over but it can live on forever inside your home or office with this Final Four print from Stadium Frame. The 34×24 framed photo is matted with coins and features a shot of the Superdome court just after the final buzzer sounded to end Kentucky’s magical 2011-12 season. Go to www.Final4Prints.com to purchase the print you see here, or pick out another print or variation of this one from Stadium Frame.
Good afternoon, KSR readers. Have you come down from last night’s win yet? Me neither. Yes, I understand it was just Vanderbilt, but hey, things have been pretty depressing around here lately. Don’t let anyone steal your joy. Some notes from the day:
– Even though Kentucky took care of business against Vandy, their tournament resume took a hit. Ole Miss, so far Kentucky’s best win this season, lost to South Carolina last night, which seriously damages their own chances of making the tournament. It’s the fifth loss in seven games for the Rebels (Black Bears?), who started the SEC season off 6-0. Also not good for the Cats: Baylor’s loss to Iowa State. Baylor’s loss moves them to the bubble with Kentucky, whom they beat in December and ultimately have the trump card over.
– What will help the Cats’ resume the most? A win over Missouri, which is much easier said than done. Phil Pressey and Jabari Brown will present a much bigger challenge for Kentucky’s guard play, which looked better last night but lacks consistency. Hopefully a rowdy GameDay crowd will help the Cats keep the momentum rolling.
– Don’t think for a second that Missouri will overlook the Cats. Frank Haith said the Tigers expect to get Kentucky’s “very best” on Saturday and that his team also needs a big win for their resume.
– In other news, future Cat James Young injured his left calf muscle during a game Tuesday night and will be out for two weeks. Heal up soon, young man.
– If anyone believed that UofL AD Tom Jurich wasn’t trying to block the NBA’s efforts to come to Louisville, then this quote’s for them. Jurich closed his remarks about the expansion of UofL’s soccer stadium with this quip: “The NBA is welcome to come play in it.” Meanwhile, the Yum Center spirals more and more into debt…
– Elsewhere on UofL’s campus, Clint Hurtt is getting ready to fight the NCAA’s allegations that he committed recruiting violations at the University of Miami. Tom Jurich said that while at Louisville, Hurtt hasn’t done anything wrong and the administration will wait until the 90-day period Hurtt has to respond to the NCAA expires before making any decisions about his future at UofL.
– Will we hear more than one Air Raid siren next fall? Footballscoop.com is reporting that Hal Mumme will be running a BCS offense “soon enough.” Break out the Oakleys!
– CBSSports.com wants to know who the most passionate fan base is amongst Kentucky, UNC, Syracuse, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Pitt, Illinois, Memphis, NC State, Kansas, Louisville, Duke, Indiana, Cincinnat and Creighton. Go show them.
On today’s show, Matt and Ryan recapped the Cats’ big win over Vandy, looked forward to GameDay and Missouri, and tried to figure out what exactly Ernie was doing when he called into last night’s postgame show. Judge for yourself at TalkRadio1080.com.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.311 seconds