Is anyone else still on cloud nine after last night’s win? I don’t think a four hour car ride has ever gone so fast. Throw up your three goggles and let’s look over some notes from the afternoon.
– Today, the nation is talking about Nerlens Noel. Noel’s monster performance last night stole the show from Eminem wannabe Marshall Henderson, and has many calling him one of the most dominant defensive players ever to play the game. The Sporting News’ Mike DeCourcy calls Noel “this century’s Bill Russell” because of the speed with which he gets off the floor to block shots and his athleticism.
I mean, just watch:
Nerlens didn’t just beat Ole Miss, he knocked them out in the high school cafeteria, took their lunch money and stole their girlfriend.
– We’re one week from Signing Day, and as you’ve seen on the site today, Mark Stoops and his staff are putting the full court pressure on 4-star Trinity DE Jason Hatcher, who had an in-home visit with USC last night. Stoops and four UK assistant coaches visited Hatcher at school today, a clear sign that the Cats are digging in their heels and refusing to give up. Stay tuned…
– Boone’s Butcher Shop Injury Report: after undergoing a prodcedure on his back yesterday, Twany says he is “feeling better today” and thanked fans for their prayers. Willie Cauley-Stein continues to improve, despite a shaky flight home that left him and the rest of the team exhausted today.
– We haven’t really talked about him in a while, but 2014 guard JaQuan Lyle has cut Kentucky from his list of schools:
Yesssss!!! UK is off my list!!!
— RIP Benji W.(@JMamba5) January 30, 2013
Lyle seems pretty excited to eliminate a school he didn’t even have an offer from. Many believe Louisville and Illinois are now Lyle’s favorites. Fellow 2014 top point guards Tyus Jones and Emmanuel Mudiay are ours.
– Don’t forget to bid on Cal’s shoes, an autographed piece of the National Championship floor, and two tickets to the Mississippi State game. Bids are currently at $2,650 and all proceeds go to the Coaches vs. Cancer organization.
– Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make the trip to Texas A&M on Saturday, but for those of you who are, be sure to stop by the Fox and Hound Bar & Grill (505 University Drive), where the Central Texas UK Alumni Association will be hosting a pregame event. It will be the destination for Cats fans before and after the game, so be sure to include it in your plans and tell them we sent you.
On today’s show, WHAS 11′s Adam Lefkoe joined Matt in studio to recap Kentucky’s big win over Ole Miss and discuss whether or not the Louisville media is under Tom Jurich’s thumb. Have a listen at TalkRadio1080.com.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.387 seconds