The celebration is over but it can live on forever inside your home or office with this Final Four print from Stadium Frame. The 34×24 framed photo is matted with coins and features a shot of the Superdome court just after the final buzzer sounded to end Kentucky’s magical 2011-12 season. Go to www.Final4Prints.com to purchase the print you see here, or pick out another print or variation of this one from Stadium Frame.
Is it time for basketball yet? I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going through some serious withdrawal. Let’s get through it together with some notes.
– The big news of the day was UK’s proposed plan for Commonwealth Stadium. Among the highlights are a new recruiting room (if they don’t name it after Rich Brooks, I’ll riot), more suites, a club level, and a new press area. This is in line with the brochure that was sent out to K-Fund members about a month ago. Interestingly, the proposal mentions the possibility of reducing the number of seats slightly in order to “increase the value of the remaining seats.” Does that mean no more bleachers? Please??
– Before anything happens, the administration still has to secure bonding capacity from the Legislature. The estimated cost? $125 million. Make it happen, Frankfort…
– Speaking of renovations, our very own Drew Franklin is currently touring the new UK locker room at Rupp Arena and trying not to break anything. He’ll be back tonight with a recap.
– I’m still not over Vandy giving out commemorative SEC Tournament Championship rings to the first 1,000 people on Thursday. Do they come with a commemorative vial of Kevin Stallings’ tears?
– According to Wizards owner Ted Leonsis, John Wall’s return to the court could happen as early as Saturday:
“We play next on Saturday night at home and it is possible but not quite certain, for the first time all season, that we could dress all of our players. I don’t want to jinx it, but we are all hoping that is what we will see.”
Wall has been out all season with a stress injury in his left patella and started going through contact drills in practice last week.
– In case you haven’t been on the internet today, Kevin Garnett and Carmelo Anthony got in a fight during last night’s Knicks/Celtics game. Why? KG apparently told Carmelo that his wife tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios. Burrrrrn.
– One player noticeably absent from that game? Rajon Rondo, who had to sit out for bumping a ref in Saturday’s game against the Hawks. When asked about the suspension, his fourth in less than a year, Rondo said that he bumped the ref as a joke but that he will “adapt” his behavior going forward. When asked what he thought of Carmelo Anthony approaching the Celtics bus after the game, Rondo said, “I thought everybody was coming to talk to each other and figure out some things, going to dinner next time. I don’t know.”
– Finally, “Justified” premieres tonight to the delight of everyone with awesome television taste. Prepare yourself with this drinking game, to which I will add, “Drink for every UK reference, tshirt, or wall decoration” (FYI, there’s one in the bar Raylan lives above).
On this morning’s radio show, Matt and Ryan recapped the BCS National Championship game, Katherine Webb, and the Bachelor. Also, let us know if Jay the caller is alright. Seriously. Get your podcast at TalkRadio1080.com. Or, after the jump.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.386 seconds