The K-Fund debuted a fancy new website this morning with details about the upcoming renovations to Commonwealth Stadium. The site says the long-term goal for the renovations is to “re-invent Commonwealth Stadium, to give UK Athletics, and the University as a whole, game day and day-to-day entertainment space.” Here are some details:
- Spectator driven improvements (i.e. improved concessions, restrooms, video boards, and security)
- Multi-purpose recruiting room in East end zone (Field House end)
- Add 10 to 15 suites, one for Presidential use to seat 100-150 patrons.
- Add 2,000 to 2,500 club seats
- New press facilities
- New team store
- New full service kitchen
- Improve the UK brand at Commonwealth Stadium
- Maintain, or slightly reduce, seating capacity while increasing the value of the remaining seats.
The model above is designed “based on the funding available” and is estimated to cost $125 million. Does this mean we’re about to get some good news about the much-needing bonding capacity from the Legislature?
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
40 queries. 1.019 seconds