Good morning Big Blue Nation. Have you had the chance to get over the loss yesterday? Have you purchased your Josh Harrellson Heat jersey or DeAndre Liggins Thunder jersey yet? Hope you didn’t just decide on the James Harden Thunder jersey. That would have been a mistake. Enjoy a cup of coffee as you read over a few links to get your Sunday started on the right foot…
- Patrick Towles returned to action for the Wildcats in yesterday’s game with Missouri. Towles looked a little rusty returning from his injury, struggling a bit to find a rhythm. Towles completed only 1 of his 4 pass attempts. In addition, he was sacked and fumbled the football. The return was probably not quite what the eager Towles was hoping for following a strong debut a few weeks earlier.
- John Clay called yesterday a “day of all the wrong moves” for the Cats. In a game that was close until midway through the third quarter, it seemed as if every major decision backfired for Joker Phillips and his coaching staff. And it was bad from the start, when Whitlow was rotated out during the 3rd series of the game after orchestrating a 50-yard touchdown drive.
- A big move happened late last night in the world of the NBA. The Oklahoma City Thunder, fresh off a second place finish in the NBA finals, traded a key member of that team to the Houston Rockets. The Thunder dealt James Harden to Houston, likely due to the fact that they simply couldn’t afford him. USA Today says the move to trade Harden shows that it’s “all about the money.”
- New Laker guard and former Wildcat Jodie Meeks is still trying to define a role for himself on his new team. Meeks is adjusting to his role off the bench, and goes into some detail on how the transition has been going for him thus far. “I’ll figure it out,” promised Meeks.
- For all of the glorious moments sporting events bring to fans, players and teams… the moments that occur when a player suffers an injury are the absolute worst. Few have been worse than that of South Carolina’s Marcus Lattimore against Tennessee yesterday. The young man, who had to miss 6 games last season due to a ligament tear in his right knee, suffered a tragic injury that is quite simply hard to even watch. Our thoughts go out to Lattimore as he comes to terms with the devastating injury.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
11 queries. 0.311 seconds