Shoutout to our buddy Jax Teller and his friends, who are putting up all sorts of three goggles with the National Championship trophy. Jax, these notes are for you:
– Anthony Davis did the talk show circuit this morning before his appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight. First, he was on Mike & Mike. Davis didn’t say anything particularly newsworthy, but one bit I did love was when Mike (or Mike) asked Anthony which he enjoyed more: making a basket or blocking a shot. Anthony, showing why defense wins championships, replied quickly with “blocking. I love it.” You’re welcome, New Orleans. CoachCal.com has a transcript and audio of his appearance if you want to get the full experience.
– Next up was the Dan Patrick Show. Patrick asked Davis to respond to Lakers fans’ reaction over his comments about wanting to cover Kobe Bryant, which Davis admitted was “crazy,” but that he doesn’t take it back and is ready for the challenge: “I want to cover one of the greatest players ever to play the game.” Also, the suit he’s wearing to the Draft on Thursday is “based around Kentucky” and has three buttons. I like it.
– Even our buddy Jon Rothstein got in on the Davis media circus, and tweeted this quote from Davis on Terrence Jones: “He’d average 20-25 PPG if he didn’t play for UK. He does it all. He can shoot, handle, + has athleticism.” Flex on ‘em, TJ.
– Chad Ford updated his mock draft over at ESPN. Here’s where he projects our boys to go: 1. Davis (New Orleans), 5. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Sacramento), 17. Jones (Dallas), 25. Teague (Memphis), 43. Lamb (Atlanta), 45. Miller (Philadelphia)
– Speaking of the Worldwide Leader, reports are out today that Jalen Rose may replace Hubert Davis (who is now an assistant at UNC) on ESPN GameDay. Personally, I was hoping he’d replace Digger “Listen to Me” Phelps instead, but Rose should be a fun addition to the team. Something tells me he’s not afraid to put Digger in his place, and who doesn’t support that?
It was “Sound off Day” on the radio show, and it featured a call to arms for the football team and an epic rant from Fake Barney. Enjoy.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.383 seconds