Who’s that? Why, that’s former Kentucky RHP Tim Peterson and a representative from the NY Mets, who drafted him in the 20th round of the MLB draft. A loyal KSR reader spotted the two hammering out the details of Tim’s contract late one night this week at where else? Waffle House. Tim, feel free to get those hashbrowns scattered, covered, smothered, and peppered now if you want.
Just a few notes on this slow Friday afternoon…
– Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is working out with the Washington Wizards today (3rd pick), and said if he joins the Wizards, he thinks they could be a playoff team: “I mean, with John [Wall] and Nene? I think it’s a playoff team.” MKG, the ultimate competitor, also admitted that he would most likely “cry some nights” if his team were to constantly lose. Yeah…really hoping this works out for you, MKG, ’cause we can’t have you crying.
– In recruiting news, 2013 recruit Wayne Selden told the good doctor Jerry Tipton that if the Harrison twins were to choose Kentucky, then he can’t see himself going there. Selden also said that he hasn’t spoken to the UK staff recently, and isn’t sure where he stands with them. Wayne, I’m guessing that depends on where UK stands with the Harrison twins.
– Speaking of, we told you about Aaron Harrison’s minor injury during a game at the NBPA Top 100 Camp this morning. Well, while his brother rests on the sidelines, Andrew Harrison is tearing it up. He has been the star of the camp thus far, and during last night’s game, the 6’5″ guard showed off his skills, dishing to his teammates and creating scoring opportunities. He’s not afraid to take it in himself, either. He and his brother are hoping to make a decision on or by October 28th.
– Hot100Hoops.com recruiting analyst Van Coleman seems to think Duke is the current leader for Jabari Parker: “The team that has the early lead is Duke. They have been there the longest and Parker has talked about them the most. I have no gut feeling (about Parker’s choice). He is pretty laid back. But the premise is correct. Michigan State also would be a front-runner. Kansas is a darkhorse. And I wonder if Arizona might become a factor.” I think Cal might have something to say about that.
– Aww, Louisville got their Final Four rings today. How sweet.
L1C4th (okay fine, maybe 3rd)
– Here’s today’s radio show, in which Matt played nice, and John from North Carolina may have logged a “Best of” quality call.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.353 seconds