We did it. We beat the Cards and on Monday, we’ll play for the National Championship. Relive last night’s game with these links:
- ESPN’s Jason King has a good recap of the game, which he says wasn’t the Cats’ best performance, but still enough to win.
- Gregg Doyel agrees, saying that the Cats “sucked,” but the fact that they found a way to win is why they deserve the title.
- The Boston Globe’s Bob Ryan says what we’ve always know: the Cats are a cut above the rest.
- Yahoo Sports’ Dan Wetzel has a wonderful profile of Davis, who may have looked like a superhero during the game, but apparently did the postgame interviews in one shoe and one flip flop.
- The normally quiet and humble Anthony Davis explains his “This is MY stage” comment, which took his coach and teammates off guard. It’s okay Anthony, beating Louisville will make you say things like that.
- Larry Vaught writes about Terrence Jones’ late game heroics. Somehow, he works in a reference to Ashley Judd’s new show “Missing.” SMH…
- Eric Crawford has a little more about Pitino telling Cal to “bring the trophy home to Kentucky.”
- It may have been Anthony Davis’ night to shine, but John Clay says it was Darius Miller that stepped up when the Cards tied the score midway through the second half.
- Jeff Goodman echoes those sentiments with a nice profile of Miller, the last link to the Gillispie era on the squad.
We’ll be here all day, getting you ready for the National Championship game. God, it feels good to say that.
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.331 seconds