We’re celebrating Kentucky’s big win over Lamar with a cookie cake at the KSTV studio. Special thanks to casting call winner Lesley Neeley for the appropriately decorated dessert. Stop by if you’re hungry; it’s huge a pie of deliciousness.
Let’s get you some afternoon notes and a podcast…
– Coach Cal got a pretty nice Christmas card from DeMarcus Cousins:
Why didn’t we get one, Big Cuz?
– The fine people at cn|2 are airing a one-hour special on the UK-UofL game tonight at 8:00 p.m. “Rumble at Rupp Arena” will feature discussions with Chip Cosby, Matt Jones, special guests and fans from both sides of the rivalry. Be sure to check it out and enjoy this commercial for the show featuring KSR’s own Chris Thomas:
– Anthony Davis and Michael-Kidd Gilchrist are the top two freshmen in the nation, according to CBSSports.com. Jeff Borzello ranked all of the young players in the running for Freshman of the Year and the two Kentucky studs are at the top of his list. Davis is also on the website’s Player of the Year watch list.
– Davis’ block on John Henson to end the North Carolina game is a Geico Play of the Year nominee. Go support it.
– The Sporting News says “Calipari’s Next Wave Of Kids” is a top story to watch in 2012:
2. Calipari’s next wave of kids
Some pretend as if this has been going on forever, but this is the third year in which coach John Calipari has built the Kentucky squad around a group of elite freshmen. The first time, with guard John Wall and center DeMarcus Cousins, the Wildcats reached the NCAA Elite Eight. The second, with guard Brandon Knight and power forward Terrence Jones, they made it to the Final Four.Kentucky would need to take two extra steps this time to win Calipari’s first NCAA championship. This team might be the best suited to winning it all because of the defensive prowess 6-10 Anthony Davis and 6-7 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist deliver, but this also is easily the toughest field Calipari and Kentucky will have faced together. North Carolina, Ohio State, Syracuse and Connecticut have the talent to be champions, and they’re all more experienced than Calipari’s Cats.
– This morning’s radio show was recorded live at Bearno’s Pizza in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Ryan Lemond was a nervous wreck in front of the large turnout, while Matt struggled with the name of a writer from Kentucky’s best sports website. Have a listen…
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.447 seconds