There has been a lot of news today so your notes and podcast had to be pushed back. I’m sorry about that. But now that you know all about Perry Ellis, Archie Goodwin, the Champions Classic, and the LSU game, here is today’s show along with a few notes from the world…
– The basketball team is already going hard in the paint in preparation for its National Championship season. Coach Cal said he worked on the dribble-drive for about two hours after the football game Saturday night and the team went for an hour on both Sunday and Monday. He said the two sessions were “brutal” and he’s happy with all of the pickup games that have been going on at the Craft Center.
– Don’t forget, Champions Classic tickets go on sale on October 6. Don’t miss out.
– Rick Pitino has a blog on RickPitino.com (wonder where he got that idea) and in his most recent entry, Three Stacks referenced The Godfather when talking about Syracuse and Pittsburgh leaving the Big East. Someone should remind him that Louisville did the exact same thing to Conference USA in 2004. I hope he doesn’t threaten to bury the two schools in concrete in some new bridge being built.
– Cryos International, one of the world’s largest sperm depositories not named Karen Sypher, announced that it will no longer take sperm donations from red heads. That means the world better enjoy all of the dual threat UK blogger/high school swim coaches while they last.
– Did anyone watch the fight over the weekend? Floyd Mayweather destroyed Victor Ortiz with a two-punch combo while the ref wasn’t looking. I’m on Mayweather’s side because Ortiz was wearing Kansas Jayhawks shorts. Anyone know why he wore those? I can’t figure it out.
– Our man Rashawn Franklin was at Joker’s Monday football press conference today. He’ll serve up a hot dish of notes and quotes from the presser for you at 5:00. Until then, enjoy today’s podcast where Matt talks about peasants, lords, and serfs. And the football loss, of course. Enjoy…