- Despite raising the Aaron Boyd Threat Level to yellow, there’s still not a lot of action to come out of the Nutter Center. Joker did announce that starting center Matt Smith will probably not play against Central Michigan, meaning he’s either hurt or has been moved to wide receiver. Since he sat out last week, we’ll assume he’s still hurt.
- Scoot over. ESPN’s Chris Low wants to saddle up next to you on the “Wow, Kentucky Looked Bad This Weekend” wagon. The Worldwide Leader’s preeminent SEC voice placed the Cats at the bottom of his conference power ratings after they dumped around against Western. He says the easiest way to improve is running the ball. I say it’s trading some players with Alabama.
- There’s a lot of talk about the potential for a new arena with the task force meeting on tap for tomorrow, so some woman named SportsBizMiss wrote that Kentucky is missing out on big revenue without luxury boxes. It’s a good point. Unfortunately, it’s the only good one in the entire article.
- Bruce Pearl has a job with a grocery store. ESPN’s Page 2 has the slides from Pearls’ first marketing meeting. It’s very well done. You should read it.
- A lot of people are talking about conference realignment. Baylor does not like that. They’re a little upset about being potentially left in the dust should their Big 12 mates jump ship and the school sent out this message today encouraging people to contact the folks at Texas, Texas Tech and Texas A&M to call them names or something. You can read it here.
Matt and Mark Krebs discuss college football’s opening weekend…