– The always well-dressed Chip Cosby runs down a variety of football topics in his football notebook, including the need for patience on the recruiting trail.
– The Herald-Leader’s John Clay writes that it’s time for UK to toughen up its football schedule.
– Dan Wolken of the Memphis Commercial-Appeal writes that optimism abounds at Memphis some players think game will improve without Calipari. Also, Wolken takes coaches to task for the hypocrisy of wanting to eliminate the July recruiting period.
– Mark Story writes that Kentucky high schools need more creative nicknames. No mention of the famous mop, though.
– The Courier-Journal takes a look at the roster changes since Cal replaced Billy Gillispie.
– Former Wildcat Keenan Burton is aiming to be a starter for the St. Louis Rams.
– The Jackson Sun writes that Rich Brooks won’t be happy until UK is an elite SEC team.
– They Myrtle Beach Sun News says that UK football still isn’t getting any respect.
– Former Hilltopper Japeth Aguilar was the top pick of the Phillipine Basketball Association draft.