- Yes, this means means Kentucky will be the No. 1 team in the country come Monday morning.
- And Harrison Barnes left Orleans Arena on crutches. [Sporting News]
- John Clay, from his Sidelines, asks whether the loss helps or hurts Kentucky. [JCS]
2. Kentucky football defeated Tennessee yesterday 10-7. [SDS] HD Highlight Videos Here.
- Derek Dooley: “Our biggest fears were realized.” [GoVolsXtra.com] Click for the story; stay for the comments. They sure don’t like losing to Kentucky very much.
- As an editorial note, GVX does a great job and I’m not advocating for Kentucky fans to gloat. I subscribe to that old adage, “Act like you’ve been there before,” especially after the season we just had. BUT when you beat a team for the first time since Reagan’s first term, it is entirely permissible to find amusement in the subsequent meltdown inside that team’s camp. And they are really torn up down there.
- Good line from Clay Travis:
Some people think I dislike Derek Dooley. That isn’t true at all. In fact, I like him. I just wish he was better at his job. But, let’s be clear, he just isn’t a very good coach.
- The Kentucky Kernel’s Aaron Smith is very good. From his “3 Things We Learned” post:
2. UK has to find a way to rebound better – against a team that had outrebounded its opponents by less than one per game, UK was outrebounded 21-16 in the first half. On the important side of the court, it allowed Portland to grab 8 offensive rebounds while getting only 13 defensive rebounds. (The flip side wasn’t much better, as UK got three offensive rebounds and Portland got 13 defensive boards.) I liked Anthony Davis’ efforts on the glass. But moving forward – especially against North Carolina and in the SEC – UK will need more rebounding. I remember that being one of Calipari’s preaching points early in SEC play last year, as he urged his team to “gang rebound.” This team might have to adopt that same mentality. (UK ended the game getting outrebounded 39 to 38.)
4. Check out this Incredible GIF of the Michigan punter botching a snap. His face is priceless. [Mocksession.com]