Anybody remember these? If you played your cards right, you could complete a story arc in five pages. What a great feeling. Two teams playing at roughly the same time today. Choose who you follow.
- On CoachCal.com, Ken Howlett gives you UK and Penn State by the numbers. Lots of percentages, decimals and the like.
- Kentucky has started the season off great, while UCLA has made a strong case to be considered the worst team in the nation. SB Nation asks what Shabazz Muhammad might think of the stark contrast in starts. I’ll say this much, he’s not often tweeting about the Bruins.
- While Coach Cal was making the circuit in Bristol, Darius Miller stopped to talk with Andy Katz, who wrote about how perfectly the senior fits his role on the team. For the past three seasons, Darius Miller has been touted as this team’s “X-Factor”. In a slightly limited capacity, is this the year that serves true?
- Finally, here’s a Penn State preview from the Nittany Lions’ perspective. You get the feeling that they don’t expect to win this game.
- Rich Brooks is leaving the state of Kentucky and WKYT talked to coach about his time in the Bluegrass State. Brooks lived here for nine years before deciding to return to Oregon full time with his wife. KSR has already started efforts to have his tomato garden declared a state landmark.
- Edward Aschoff from the SEC blog at ESPN talked with Joker Phillips about how the season has unfolded. Phillips said that despite the record, he is still proud of the team. No comment.
- Mr. SEC hypothesizes what it would be like if James Franklin was in Lexington as the coach of the Wildcats next season. The story also includes the ballsy prediction that with Franklin at the helm, UK would make it to Atlanta by 2014. I think he means that the football players would go to support the basketball team in the SEC tournament, but I could be wrong.
- Last but not least, former head coach at LaGrange High and current assistant coach at UK, Steve Pardue, returns today to his old stomping grounds. Pardue is a big reason that the Cats have so many players from Georgia on the roster and this game will be a homecoming of sorts for him and the players he sent to UK.